Sunday, August 28, 2011

Woodside Twilight in Black and White


I really enjoy doing black and white photos, but I don't have many opportunities to do black white for commercial jobs. I shot this for a real estate listing by Scott Dancer, Coldwell Banker, Woodside, CA, and I delivered it to the client in color.

Many architects and architectural photographers feel that black and white can help to emphasize the design of the structure. One of my favorite architectural photographers, Ezra Stoller, shot mostly in black and white. And the mostly widely known architectural photo, by Julius Shulman, of Richard Neutra's Kaufmann house, is in black and white.

1 comment:

  1. It is amazing what Julius Shulman and Ezra Stroller could do with film. I can't imagine how they could produce such magnificent images without the advantages of digital technology. I met Mr. Shulman while attending college in California and credit him for my late career entrance into real estate photography. Black & white images of mid century California architecture will always be my passion.

    ReplyDelete