Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Ansel Adams' San Francisco House

Here is a link to some photos of the house in San Francisco in which Ansel Adams was born and in which he lived until after he started his career as a photographer: http://www.flickr.com/photos/30882099@N04/6814350436/ He built another house next to this one, which was part of the same property, in which he had his photo studio. My family lived in this house for a couple of years when I was about 8 or 9 years old. Adams actually came to visit once, but I was asleep at the time. I started doing photography around this time, but I had no idea who Adams was at the time. My first photographs were of hippies in Golden Gate Park in the summer of 1967.  This must have been a sign that I was destined to be a photographer.

No comments:

Post a Comment